Saturday, December 27, 2008

Told the Family...

Wow! Telling the family was so much easier than we anticipated. Scott and I were with my parents for Christmas Day and so after we all opened presents I broke the news. I had bought a Classic Pooh picture frame ornament (Classic Pooh is what we will be using for the nursery) and put a copy of the ultrasound in it and hung it on the side of the tree. I told mom that I really liked the new ornament Santa left on the tree for us this year. She walked over with a confused look on her face and then her face fell to shock when she saw the picture. She was like "no way! Is this? Really!? OMG?!" She almost cried and dad was so excited too! My older sister dropped everything she had in her arms when she walked in and found out. It was a good day.

Then last night, we told Scott's parents. We got in about 1030pm and surprised them with a basket full of small bottles of 'Joy' dish detergent and baby food. It was a "Bundle of Joy". We told them practice holding that one because the real bundle of joy would arrive in about 8.5 months. They were super excited too!

This is the first grandchild for both our parents. Everyone is overjoyed at the news!

<3

No comments: