Sorry I have not given and update on my new job yet. I have been so exhausted lately. I only got 2 hours sleep the night before my first day and then 4 the next night.
but.. for those that have asked, I LOVE it! I have always loved teaching young chirlden and am so grateful to finally be able to really do it. The school is wonderful and everyone has been so welcoming.
For the first time, I really feel like I am making a difference! I have a special needs boy in my class (Downs) and he won't eat. Anything. His mom says he goes almost a week sometimes without eating or even drinking. They were getting ready to take him out of the school and find a special school for him when I started this week. The first day, I got him to eat half of his food. Yesterday, He ate all his meat/veggies and all his fruit (he is still on baby food) as well as all his Pediasure bottle and a few crackers at lunch with his juice bottle! I don't know what is the reason behind it. I am not doing anything special. He just seems to like me for some odd reason. All the teachers joke about him having a crush on me. lol. His mom almost cried when she picked him up the first day. I am just glad I can make a difference. If I do nothing else but get him to eat properly and grow in that sense, I have accomplished a lot.
So-ya, I am loving my job and can't wait till next spring when I can finally go back to school for my Early Childhood Edu. degree. :)
<3
Pocahontas (1995) HD Quality
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment